Sunday, January 2, 2011

Book Review! the five poeple you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic novel! This isn't technically a young adult novel, but I think it's appropriate for teenagers.

Why I read this book: I read Tuesday's With Morrie,also by Mitch Albom, which I absolutely adored, for my english class, and saw this on my mother's bookshelf.

Genre:fiction

Plot: This book is basically about an old man, Eddie, who is killed (don't worry, it isn't graphic or gory) and his journey through heaven, trying to make peace and understand  his life. The story takes you back into Eddie's childhood, as well as his young adult life, and his story unfolds throughout the novel as he meets new people in heaven who tell him what he needs to learn.

Why I loved it:It is extremely well written, and you grow to love Eddie from the very beginning of the novel. It was a little bit of a tearjerker, but it is definitely worth a read.

Why I disliked it: nope, I loved it, although I did cry, haha.

Last remarks: 9 1/2 out of ten stars. I sat down and didn't get up until I finished it. :)

Love,
Nila

No comments:

Post a Comment