Saturday, January 1, 2011

Nila's Book Report Background!

First of all, let me start off by telling you a little background information.Within the last year or so, I have been reading an insane amount of novels to try to strengthen my vocabulary and just for entertainment. I visit my school library more than anyone I know, and the librarians even know my name,haha. How it started out was,every year, my state puts out a list of supposably great books for young adults, and the school challenges students to read  three of the twenty or so books that make the list.At the beginning of last year, I went in the library to check out a book for a report I was doing, and saw a poster with all of the books announced. I had already read one of the books, which I had loved, so I decided to try and read two other novels on the list. I did, and they were fantastic! From then on, I have been a reading fool. Each week, I challenge myself to read two non school books. For the most part, I've succeeded, and my love for immersing myself into a fantastic story was born. That sounded cheesy, sorry.
 Let me just say that in no way am I a literary expert. I am just an average fifteen year old girl who loves to read and wants to share her love of books with other young girls,or anyone for that matter.
 I'm going to post one or two other informative blogs tonight. I just wanted to break it up into readable sectionsso that people could read what they wanted to know.
 Love, Nila

No comments:

Post a Comment